Thursday, February 6, 2014

Wheat Pumpkin Waffles


My son got a waffle maker for Christmas. He loves to cook like his mama! He's been begging me to make waffles so I was up early and surprised him! It was my first time making homemade waffle mix and they truned out good! 

For this recipe I leaned in trusty Pinterest and like always put my own spin on it. 

Wheat Pumpkin Waffles:
2 cups wheat flour
2 tbs baking powder 
2 tbs cinnamon 
1 tsp nutmeg 
1.5 tbs sugar 
1/4 tsp salt
1 Tbs Almond extract or Vanilla (I was out  of vanilla so I used almond and liked the nutty flavor)  
1 can pumpkin (pure pumpkin, not pie mix)
4 egg yolks - save the whites and make an omelet :-) 
1/3 cup or 5 tbs Melted and COOLED butter (if hot it will scramble your eggs) 
1 1/2 cups Milk 

Mix all dry ingredient together. Then add wet. 
Cook in hot waffle iron. 
Serve with honey or syrup. 

My son and I really enjoyed these! It makes a lot but I fereze the extra for a quick pop in the toster oven breakfast. 

Enjoy! 

~Mrs. Milly~ 




No comments:

Post a Comment