Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Panko Fried Flounder

So I let my cheat days of not eating that great linger past the weekend but boy was it good!!! For fried food which I don't do much any more it didn't really bother my CD either! 
It was organic fish at least ;-). 
 

Panko Fried Flounder: 
I pulled about 1+lbs of flounder caught by my husband out of the deep freeze and it had the words fry on the package (he notes the cuts best for frying) so that's what I did. I cut it in to strips for easy finger food. 
1/4 cup AP flour
2 eggs, whisked
1/2 panko bread crumbs 
Vegetable oil

Heat oil in pan, fryer, pot or whatever you like to fry in. I used a deep skillet. 
In three different bowls put 
1. Flour seasoned with a little S&P
2. Eggs
3. Panko crumbs seasoned with Old Bay and Garlic Salt. (About 1/2 tbs each) 
In the order above dredge your fish and fry till golden brown. It's that easy! 

I served it with homemade citrus tarter sauce, sautéed spinach and oven baked frys. 

My son and husband really enjoyed it and  gave a big thumbs up! 

Enjoy! 

~Mrs. Milly~ 


No comments:

Post a Comment