Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Cheese Ravioli with Mushroom and Spinach Cream Sauce


This is not low fat and was okay on my CD but was SO GOOD! 

Mushroom and Spinach Cream Sauce: 
1 cup mushrooms, rough chopped. I did mine a little small to hide from the little one but the ended up at the bottom of the bowl. 
1 large clove garlic, pressed 
1 tbs olive oil
1/4 cup dry white wine 
1 bag fresh spinach
2 tbs butter
2 tbs cream cheese
1 cup heavy cream 
Salt and black pepper to taste. 

Put olive oil in medium pot over medium heat, add garlic and mushrooms, cook for a few minutes. 
Add wine. Bring to a simmer for 2 minutes. 
Add spinach. Stirring and wilting 
Add S&P
Add cream cheese stirring till melted. 
Turn heat to low and add cream. 
Do NOT drain and juice from veggies out before adding cream! 
Bring to a low simmer for 5 minutes stirring every once in a while. 
Taste and add more S&P if needed. 

While your sauce is getting started get your water ready for your frozen ravioli (fresh is fine too). I find frozen to be quick and easy. 

I served mine with chicken, you can do it with or without. I cut 2 breast in strips, seasoned it with garlic salt, black pepper, basil and parsley and cooked it in a pan. 

Feedback:
My 3 year old ate 2 servings, my husband said it was really good and I really liked it! 

Enjoy! 

~Mrs. Milly~ 





No comments:

Post a Comment