Monday, April 20, 2015

Shepard's Pie Kitchen fail...

Ground chuck is thawing and potatoes in pantry need to be used before they start growing arms and fur. So Shepard's Pie it is. Easy one dish meal the family loves. Well you know how when you get it at a restaurant the potatoes are a perfect creamy topping?! I thought what will help me get them like that? When I mash potatoes they are tasty but lumpy. So I grabbed my immersion blender and blended them up to a perfect... Paste! Oh no! Well those were my last potatoes so let's see what happens. Once baked they loosened up to just glue instead of paste. The flavor was good and we ate it but the texture was off for sure. Lesson learned, starch and immersion blending make paste. So many unless we are out of glue sticks, I won't be doing that again... Cooking is all about learning. I learned a lesson I should of known and hate to admit but that's all part of it. We all make silly mistakes. Maybe it's lack of sleep, rushing or we store basic information away and its lost in a pile somewhere in our memory. What ever it is, it's one I won't forget again. On the bright side, the family was still fed and nothing was wasted! 


~Mrs. Milly~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment