Friday, November 22, 2013

Ranch Chicken with Pan Sauce

I wanted to try making my own ranch "seasoning packet". I put it on 2 chicken breast, and cooked it in the cast iron skillet. 

Ranch Seasoning:
3 tbs onion powder
1 tbs garlic salt 
1/2 tbs dried parsley
1/2 tbs dried dill weed
1/4 tbs freeze-dried chives
1/2 tbs black pepper 
1/8 tbs paprika


Ranch Chicken:
Coat the chicken with olive oil.
Sprinkle desired amount of ranch seasoning on each breast. I used about 2-3 tbs. 
Put in zip lock bag in fridge for 4 hours. 
Cook in cast iron skillet. 
Put to side to rest. 

Pan Sauce:
1 tbs unsalted butter 
1/2 cup beef broth 
2 oz cream cheese 
1 tbs garlic salt 
1/2 tbs black pepper 
1/4 cup heavy cream 

In hot skillet chicken was cooked in add beef broth. Stir to get all good bits off pan. 
Add butter and cream cheese stir till melted. 
Add seasonings. 
Simmer till thickened. 
Turn off heat, stir in heavy cream. 
Serve over chicken. 

I served the chicken and sauce over boxed chicken and herb flavored cuscus. Sided with my ham hock green beans, see LINK for recipe. 

Everyone in the house REALLY liked it! 

Enjoy! 

~Mrs. Milly~ 



No comments:

Post a Comment