Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Throw Together Scalloped Shepard's Pie

(It got dug in to before I could get a photo)
I had taken out hamburger meat and had no idea what I was going to do with it. So I got to looking around, had 1/2 a bag of frozen mixed veggies, beef broth, and scalloped potatoes I had frozen. So I thought, Casserole. 

One thing you will learn about me is some of my best dishes are ones Ive thrown together and just eye the measurements. My husband will agree, he's always saying how great my throw togethers are. 

I browned 1lb hamburger meat with 1/4 of an large onion and 1 clove of garlic. It was petty lean meat so no need to drain. Put in bottom of casserole dish. 

In same pan added 1.5 TBS butter, 1/2 can beef stock and whisked in 2 TBS flour to make a gravy. I then added the frozen veggie mix, salt and pepper to the pan and simmered for a few minutes to thaw and start the cooking of the veggies. 

I placed the thawed, blanched scalloped potatoes in 2 layers on top, poured about 1/4 cup of beef stock on top, topped with a little salt, pepper and Monterey Jack cheese and parsley. 

It turned out to be like Shepard's Pie and my dad, son and self enjoyed it!

Baked 350 for 20 min. Let stand for 8 min. to let sauce thicken and serve. Serves 4 
Easy to make! 


No comments:

Post a Comment