Monday, October 28, 2013

Veggie Tomato Sauce



This is a good one for those picky eaters! My 3 year old LOVES anything with tomato sauce on it so I thought, ill just sneak the veggies in. He ate 2 servings!!! I thought it was really good too! 

How I Made It:

I used jarred tomato sauce. You can use any kind of your choice but I'd pick the most basic one. If I had the time I would of made my own too but this was much faster after a busy day. 

I put olive oil in the bottom of a medium sauce pan, it needed to be a little bigger. 
I roughly chopped 2 carrots, hand full of asparagus, 1 zucchini, 1 large clove of garlic and 2 hands full of baby spinach. And put in pan in that order. Let the carrots cook for about 5 min, asparagus 2 min, garlic and zucchini at same time for about 2 min, then spinach. Sautéed it all for 15-20 min added jarred sauce and blended it all up. Let sauce simmer while I got the water in a pot to a boil and cooked frozen cheese ravioli.

You could use any pasta but the cheese in the ravioli gave it a nice taste. 

Enjoy!

~Mrs. Milly~

No comments:

Post a Comment