Sunday, October 27, 2013

Shrimp and Grits


                                                            (sorry not the best photo)

My best friend has been raving about this recipe and I finally got to make it and it is just as good as she made it out to be. Not that I doubted her but I am kind of a shrimp and grits snob, it is one of my favorite foods I've had it at many places. Well this recipe beats most restaurants!!! It was so good and got great feed back of how good it was from my dad, his girlfriend, my 3 year old son even really liked it, even my husband who didn't get to get it fresh but after it had cooled and sat even said it was VERY GOOD!

Here is the link to the recipe I followed but I doubled it:
http://www.realfoodgirlunmodified.com/real-easy-shrimp-n-grits/ 

I did change the cheese to monterey jack, used store bought stock, also used Tony Chathchere's Creole Seasoning on the shrimp and didn't add the garlic because the seasoning had plenty in it.

*One thing I would of done different is take the tails off the shrimp, it looks pretty but a pain when eating it =)

It is a great hearty dish that was a little work but easy and really impressed!

~Mrs. Milly~

3 comments:

  1. YUM!! Glad you liked it!! Did you add the bacon to the sauce or sprinkle it on top?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put the bacon grease in the sauce but the crumbled bacon on top so it kept its crunch. Thank you so much for introducing me to this!!!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the invitation to dinner. Your Shrimp and Grits were very tasty and I plan on trying your recipe at home. The bacon on top was just perfect. Everyone loves bacon!!

    ReplyDelete