Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Confetti Cookies with Cream Cheese Icing

My son and I started our Christmas baking today with very easy and yummy cookies! I wanted to make a few things this year so I looked in the pantry to see what I already had that I could use to save money. Well a box of Dunkin Hines confetti cake mix popped out at me. (You can use any brand) I thought, bet I could make this in to cookies. So I turned to trusty Pinterest to see what to use to make cookies instead of cake and it payed off. 

1 box confetti cake mix
2 large eggs
1/4 cup oil 

Mix together till smooth, put flour on your hands to keep from sticking and roll in to balls. Place 1 inch apart and Bake at 350 for 8-10 min. 

It's that easy! They are soft and delish alone but...
Of course we needed icing so what better than cream cheese icing! Again very easy. 

1 8oz block cream cheese, softened 
1 1lb box powdered sugar 
2tsp vanilla extract
1 stick butter, softened 
1tbs milk 

Mix cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and butter together till smooth add milk to make it spreadable. 
-I put the icing in a ziplock for easy frosting. 

All good reviews so far on these, they are very sweet but so good!!! 

Enjoy! 

~Mrs. Milly~


No comments:

Post a Comment