Friday, December 27, 2013

Breakfast Casserole / Quiche

My mom has made breakfast quiche every year for Christmas till recently since we are all grown and gone. I really wanted it this year so I got all the stuff (with my own twist) to get home and realize my pie pans are in storage so I made it in a casserole dish instead. 

Ingredients: 
1.5 (box of 2) refrigerated pie crust 
1 roll breakfast sausage
3 hand fulls (so about 2.5 cups) shredded cheddar cheese 
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup finely chopped mushrooms
12 eggs 
1/4 cup heavy cream 
Salt and pepper 

Lightly press pie crust in casserole dish, may be uneven on sides and that's ok. Bake 350 8 min. Pull out and let cool.
Brown sausage, half way through add mushrooms and onions. 
In bowl whisk eggs and cream till good and airy. Add salt and pepper but do not stir. Will mix in when you pour it. 
Put meat mixture on top of crust. Add cheese, then pour eggs over it. 
Bake 350 20-30 min or till golden brown. 



Had my dad and his girlfriend over too and everyone loved it! My 3 year old didn't even realize there were mushrooms and onions in it 😉. 

Enjoy! 

~Mrs. Milly~


No comments:

Post a Comment