Thursday, January 14, 2016

Easy Beef Stew

This is perfect for those cold nights! I have posted another stew recipe, Hunt Camp Stew that my husband told me about which is similar to this but I think this one is my favorite. My friend Chris told me the secret to this, if your a Bloody Mary drinker and never thought of this your going wonder why. It is so full of flavor and so simple!



-1+ lb of stew meat, I used 1.18lbs of top round steak and cut in to bite size pieces. Get what ever is on sale.
-1/2 an onion, diced
-1 clove of garlic, minced
-1tsp coconut oil
-1tsp butter
-1 bag of frozen vegetable soup mix
-2 cups beef broth
-1 1/2 cups zing zang (or your favorite brand) of bloody mary mix. Yep, that why didn't I think of that moment just hit. This is the secret that makes it so flavorful. Add more for a richer flavor and less broth. I don't like to much tomato in mine. 
-Salt and Pepper

  1. In a dutch oven or heavy duty pot brown salt and peppered beef in the oil and butter. 
  2. Keep fat but take meat out of pot.
  3. Put onions and garlic in fat and cook for about 3 minutes.
  4. Add the frozen veggies and meat in the pot. 
  5. Cover almost all the way, the vegetables will make more liquid, with broth and bloody mary mix.
  6. Salt and Pepper to taste.
  7. Cook at a simmer for an hour or more. The longer it cooks the more tender gets but so do the vegetables so it all depends on how you like it. 
  8. Serve over rice. 
ENJOY!
~Mrs. Milly~


No comments:

Post a Comment