Monday, May 4, 2015

Grilled Chicken Wings

Its spring/summer in Florida which means the days get up in the 80's to 90's. So using the oven is something I try to avoid and the grill gets its work out for the next few months. I love grilled anything pretty much. The little burnt bits and the smokey flavor takes meat and veggies to the next level. Plus if my husband is home on time he normally takes over on the grill so I can get the side dishes done. He really is the main one to use the grill in the house anyway, hes just better at it to be honest and he enjoys it.

My mom use to make these broiled chicken wings when I was a kid that everyone loved! So I called her to get the secrete and it was so easy I was shocked. Once I knew how she made them I thought how can I make it my own. So I started looking at what I already had and whipped up a delicious marinade. They turned out so good! The husband and kids really enjoyed them and I will be making them again.


Chicken Wing Marinade and How To Prepare:


  • 4 lbs of chicken wings, I didn't cut them because well honestly I didn't have time but I also like to get a drum and flat at once. You can leave together or not. 
Marinade:
  • 2 tbsp Garlic Salt
  • 1/2 tsp Dried Thyme
  • 1 tsp Black Pepper
  • 2 Limes, juiced
  • 1 tbsp Orange Juice
  • 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
On the side:
  • Season Salt
Mix all together. Place Chicken in a ziplock bag and pour marinade over. Place flat in fridge for 4 hours then flip bag over and let sit 3-4 more hours. 

Grill on low until cooked thru. *Sprinkle lightly the season salt on uncooked side before you flip over.

Enjoy!

~Mrs. Milly~



No comments:

Post a Comment