Friday, May 8, 2015

Green Onions - From Kitchen to Garden

Here is another from your kitchen to your garden post like the pineapple tops. I am all about reusing and when you can do that with food that is even better. Green onions go great with many dishes but for me I normally don't need but a few. When I learned you can put them in water and they will grow again for future dishes I was so excited. I tried it and it worked, kind of. So this time I planted them and wow have they grown so much better and fast!



  1. Take the onion and cut about and inch above root area. The white in the photo is where I cut. 
  2. Put in a cup of water just covering the roots for 3 days, You will see them already starting to sprout. 
  3. Plant them just covering the roots with soil. 
  4. Keep watered well 
  5. Enjoy Green onions anytime you need them just snip some off!

~Mrs. Milly~


No comments:

Post a Comment